On Thursday, April 22, IDF Europe hosted a webinar titled ‘Leveraging Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic – The Need for an Inclusivity Shift’. The event included a presentation of the results of the Covid-19 Survey conducted by IDF Europe between August and October of 2020, which highlighted huge inequalities across Europe in access to healthcare and the psychological and economic impact that Covid-19 had on people living with diabetes. We discussed how health systems should not only focus on building back fairer, but also on building back more inclusive. COVID-19 has unveiled the inequalities that many face in accessing healthcare and achieving optimal health outcomes in Europe, and these issues cannot go unaddressed in a post-pandemic world.
Speakers and panelists:
- Niti Pall, Chair, IDF Europe
- Sabine Dupont, Senior Policy Consultant, IDF Europe
- Professor Peter Goldblatt, University College London, Institute of Health Equity
- Professor João Manuel Valente Nabais, Vice-President, IDF
- Professor Sudhesh Kumar, Dean of the Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick
- Garance Wattez-Richard, CEO of AXA Emerging Customers